Sunday, September 2, 2012

35 Weeks!

I can't believe it is already September!  Next month our little Carson James is due and we are so excited... 5 more weeks!!  I feel like the pregnancy has gone by fast, but at the same time I think back to January and February, my first couple of months, and that seems so long ago.  I was looking back at my belly pictures and laughing at the difference between my 20 week picture and now my 35 week picture...

20 Weeks
 
vs.
 
35 Weeks...
 
Quite a difference!

We went in a couple of weeks ago to have an ultrasound done.  They were able to look at all his organs and he looks fully developed!  We even saw a little bit of fuzzy hair on his little head!  At the time he weighed about 5 pounds, 1 ounce (they say give or take 12 ounces).  I was surprised that he was that big!  We tried to get a good look at his face, but he had his little hand in front of his face the entire ultrasound... someone wants to hide his handsomeness until he makes his big debut!

I have been busy with work these last few months... July, August, and September are the busiest parts of the year for my work.  It has been good because it keeps me busy, but me and my body are ready to be done.  And fortunately this is week my last week before I go on leave!  I will have four weeks before the due date to finish up my nesting projects (mostly sewing and cleaning!).

Rob has been a champ these last few months in dealing with a pregnant wife.  It has been unusually warm here in Southern California this summer and the only a/c we have in our apartment is a little unit in our front room.  As a result, he has had to live with a hot, sweaty, and sometimes ornery wife.  But I'm glad to say it is getting better as we roll into the fall.  He has also had to deal with all of my nesting projects... I have made him put together a crib and shelving unit, and pick up a dresser from the furniture store.  And then I started organizing all of our closets and cupboards, so we had to make a couple of trips to the garbage bin and the DI trailer.  And not to mention the random outbursts of tears that come along with pregnancy.  He's such a good man. :)

Well, we will keep you all posted over the next few weeks!  We can't wait to meet our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment