Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 41



Week 41
Monday
So after our PDAY was done we headed up to the Asay's house for dinner! They fed us French dip sandwiches mmm :) it was delicious and a pumpkin cake thing, I'm so full I'm gonna burst. We had a lesson on scripture study and praying daily, the elders shared the lesson and it was great. I love the Asay's! They gave us a Christmas card with $10 to walmart! We are so grateful for them! Then as Sister McAllister was driving I screamed because we got a referral from Salt Lake City so I was super excited!! Her name is Linda and we tried calling her but there wasn't an answer. We hope to get in contact with her soon! I'm so happy :)

Tuesday
This morning the zone leaders texted us at 8 to ask if we would plan something for Sister Gibson's birthday for after district meeting. Ummm 2 hours before?! So we ran to Walgreens and bought her a little gift and had everyone sign the card we made! It was super cute! Our district meeting was awesome! We played Tabu which is hard but fun. We learned about how we can find new ways to teach! It was very much needed lesson. A senior couple bought pizza, Caesar salad, fruit, ice cream and brownies for lunch! Then after we got to exchange companions! I had the honor of bringing Sister Higginbotham to Sparta!! I love her with my whole soul oh my goodness. We had a great time together! We worked hard, knocked doors, showed the Light the World video to a few people, went caroling, and bought a present for our companions. She let me open up and we talked about my area and our companionship. It was interesting because she said she was worried about me because I didn't seem as happy as I used to be when we served around each other. I thought about it and I really haven't been. So we talked things out and I have some things I can do to make sure I'm in charge of my happiness! She's a life saver :) when we were knocking this one door, a 10 year old boy answered and we asked if his parents were home. He said his dad was, so he yelled up to his dad upstairs and said "the trick or treaters are here!" And his dad was like stop it no one is here. Then the boy said "there's someone here that wants to date you!" Hahaha ummm what?!? So right after that we were like okay MERRY Christmas bye! Then we tried by a less active that is known to be mean. We noticed that the wrong stairway was blocked off so we went around the back to knock on the back door. It was dark and creepy so we were freaking out. Then the lady walked back and saw us and said "you are missionaries, we don't want you to visit us. We are on the do not contact list. Bye." Haha okay naughty girl, yeesh! But then we finished our night off with so,e Facebook time to try to find our less actives and become friends with them. I had an amazing day! :)

Wednesday
We exchanged back pretty early today because Sister Higgi's baby, Sister Villanueva has her 3 week training meeting. Once we exchanged back we went home and began our studies. Brother Fucito wasn't feeling well so he cancelled our appointment. I wasn't feeling well either so I took a little nap while Sister McAllister unpacked from the exchange and packed a few things to send home. We went to go visit Brother Carroll, he's just lonely I've come to figure out. He wants us to come over all the time because we are his safe haven, someone to reach out to and someone to answer gospel questions. After we tried going over to Linda's house but no one answered, that was a bummer so we are going to try back tomorrow. Then we headed over to the Trunk's house for dinner! The Walkers and Jacksons joined for dinner as well. It was a lot of fun and some good food. Sister Trunk bought us granola bars and popcorn and pretzels, we are so grateful for the snacks :) once we finished there we headed to the church to go to mutual. Sister Roberts invited us to come and they were making rice heating packs! We got to make one and it's super cute! And a really nice tool for us after working :) we came home and Brother Boyle helped us out with our sink because it won't drain. He pulled out a bunch of nasty hair...it was disgusting and smelled super bad! Years of sisters in this apartment haha hair builds up! That's all our day really was!

Thursday
Well today not much happened. It was weekly planning day and then my comp didn't feel well so we were home all day. While she slept I got bored and I decided to go open a few presents haha don't worry it was just the hdmi cord and converter thingy! That's all I opened haha don't worry momma! Then earlier today we made our gingerbread houses, I had Elf on the Shelf house and she had a little village which didn't turn out so she made it look like a snow storm hit. We were able to make some appointments for this week and next week with people. In the Book of Mormon I'm reading about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies and they just blow my mind by how strong their faith and belief in Christ is. By reading this it shows me that even the people who are low of lows or as far away from Christ as possible they still can have a change of heart and repent and become a new person. Anything is possible, every individual will have a chance to change! 

Friday
Today we had our studies then we ran to go see Jane and we sang Silent Night to her as she drank her hot  chocolate! Then we met the elders at the church to carpool to Morristown to have our interviews with President. I had an awesome interview. It's amazing how President Taggart could see right through me. His first words were "how is your spirit?" I answered good yah know the usual but he asked again and I totally lost it haha tears were coming. He was like I can tell you aren't as happy as you have been. We talked about the area and how work is going. President was so kind to me and said how I can try to change the situation. He gave me some things to say and do to change what's going on. I now have the courage and motivation to change what's happening. Then I had one question for him before I left. Yesterday during our Book of Mormon call that president does, we were reading in 3 Nephi 11 and it says something like Nephi went and kissed Christ's feet. President started to choke up over the phone to all of us and said how he wants to hug him. The spirit was so strong as he said these words and they have been on my mind ever since. So I asked him how did he get that relationship with Christ? Because I want that same relationship. He said to me as he cried with me haha that it's all through studying the scriptures, praying and doing as he does. He made sure to mention that there are times he doesn't feel as close as he would like to but he never leaves us, we are ones that move away. This was a very much needed interview. After we headed back to Newton and we tried by Linda but no one answered again. We headed up to Brother Carroll's house and helped him out. He cried and told us how much he loves and appreciates us for all that we do for him. Before we left we shared a scripture with him, Helaman 5:12. It talks about building our foundation on Christ, he will be our rock! So after Sister McAllister bore her testimony on the scripture I asked him if he knew the primary song the wise man and foolish man. He didn't know so I sang the song for him and did all of the actions for him to help explain the scripture! I'm so grateful for primary. I can't believe the songs that are taught to the primary kids and how important those words are to those songs!! We should be loving by those lyrics. Then we ran over to the Teets house to visit with them. They are doing good, we met their son's girlfriend that is living with him and her name is Morgana! She's cute, she was in a way trying to avoid us through conversation but we know that she will change one day! Dawn was trying to teach her stuff as we were right there which was super cool! After we headed to the church to go to Bible Study and have dinner. Sister Izquierdo is the teacher and she taught us about Christ's birth and the whole story. Holy Hannah there is so much that we don't know which everyone should know! I learned so much. As I learned, the story has become more sacred to me. I'm so grateful that I was in the class today to learn more about the symbolism of Christ's birth. 

Saturday 
Today we did our studies then walked over to a less actives house which is right across the street from us. Her name is Vannessa and she has a 9 year old and a 10 month old. She has lots of struggles right now, financially and now going back to old habits such as smoking. We shared the Light the World video with her and talked about the true meaning of Christmas, she said she's planning on coming to church tomorrow. After we went into the store to visit with Sister Harriott. She was bored because no one was coming into the store all morning so we talked for a bit with her. We then had to head to Brother Carroll's house for a little bit to surprise him a visit for Christmas haha. We had service after at the Homestead to play bingo, which was fun! Then we hurried over to the Jensen's house for Christmas Eve dinner! Starr made chicken corn on blue which made me so happy to know that I'm having this just like my own family is eating tonight! The Anderson's also joined us which was great, we finished up at their house with reacting the Nativity! It was pretty funny! We ran over to Sister Robert's for our second and last dinner. She made us laugh and she showed us the napkin man haha oh man pretty hilarious :) I'm so tired right now I'm like delirious haha!  

Sunday
This morning we woke up at 3:30 to take a picture and open a present! Sister McAllister was too tired to open a present so I just did. We went back to bed then got up and opened more presents! I'm was definitely spoiled! Thanks momma :) then we went over to the church at 10 because the Stevenson's made us breakfast, cinnamon rolls and eggs! Then we practiced for our song we had for sacrament meeting. Sacrament meeting started at 12 and we had quite a bit of people there! All auxiliaries had a song to sing so that was fun and a few families went up to sing. Brother Stevenson is very passionate about singing so whenever he was singing you only heard him haha it was funny! After church we received many wonderful gifts from members, we are so blessed! Then we took them home, chilled with Sister Harriott then headed over to Lisa's! We had ham, pinera bread mac n cheese and veggies! It was funny when we sat down to eat we noticed that everyone had a lottery ticket at their place haha so we all got to scratch off and see if we won! Nicoletta, one of Lisa's daughters won $100! Sadly we didn't win but it was my first lottery ticket so that was pretty cool! We played a game called 5 second rule and it was a fun game! Then we headed back to our apartment to hop in the car with the Elders and Sister Harriott to go down to the Cook's house! There were lots of people there but it was fun! Yummy food! I had children climbing on me all night haha it was fun! Then the Cook's gave all of us missionaries a present :) everyone cheered "missionaries, missionaries" just like we do at grandmas house! We got scarfs and the elders got gift cards! Once we finished there we hurried out to the car and had to do a 40 point turn to get out haha then we headed home to FaceTime our families! FaceTiming was super fun, Carson is a hoot! I enjoyed seeing everyone and it was just great :) my Christmas was great :) 

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment