At around a month old Carson developed an umbilical hernia. His belly button sticks out about a half an inch. Surprisingly, umbilical hernias are quite common in newborns and they heal on their own. It doesn't bother him at all, he just has a funny looking belly button that pokes out.
Carson had his frist trip to Utah this past month! Rob had to go to Utah for work, so Carson and I tagged along to go visit my family. I was a little nervous about flying with him since he is still so young, but he did really well! We had lots of milk, a cozy blanket and he was set. They even gave him little "Jet Blue" wings for his first trip!
And he loved having bath time in Grandma's kitchen sink!
My Grandma and Grandpa Hall also came to visit and Rob's Grandma Park, Aunt Jo, and Aunt Janice and Karen did too!
Carson's transition into the crib went pretty smoothly. I think I had a harder time than he did. :) He likes to move around in his crib at night. Every night I go in to get him he has turned completely sideways with his head against the rails. I think we have a scooter on our hands!
Carson has also mastered smiling and he is starting to talk more and more... in baby language of course. :) He likes to mimick me when I say "Hi" and sometimes he will respond when we ask him a question... of course he doesn't really know what we are saying, but we like to pretend he does. Here are a couple videos of him in his playful mood (sorry they are sideways).
And here are some more pictures of our sweet little boy...
Where did he go?!
A typical "Carson" stare.
Rocking in his favorite chair!
This smile just makes my heart melt!
Sorry for the long blog post! We have been up to a lot this last month and we are loving having Carson being a part of our family!


He is so cute. That picture of him smiling absolutely melts me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we got to see your little man. Thanks for letting my tribe come over. Syd still thinks she's his favorite. :)
You could title these pictures with some seriously classic titles. The one in the sink rocks. and the picture with your sister....where he's looking up and to the side :) Love it.
It was good to see you guys.